Would you like to help the next generation of high-impact entrepreneurs grow and succeed? Mentors enjoy privileged access to the best early-stage startups.
What is mentoring for Quincy Center for Innovation?
Mentoring is most often defined as a professional relationship in which an experienced person (the mentor) assists a company (the mentee) in developing specific skills and knowledge that will enhance the less-experienced team’s professional and personal growth.
What do we expect from our mentors?
The following are among the mentor’s functions:
- Teaches the mentee about a specific issue
- Coaches the mentee on particular skills for launching and growing their business
- Facilitates the mentee’s growth by sharing resources and networks
- Challenges the mentee to move beyond their comfort zone
- Creates a safe learning environment for taking risks
- Focuses on the mentee’s total development
Qualifications: Established entrepreneurs, investors, lawyers, industry and technical experts.
Hours Required: At least 1 hour every third week per team mentored.
Timeframe: 12 months, January through December.
Want to learn more? Fill out this brief form receive additional information about mentoring opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Quincy Center for Innovation community!